Friday, December 3, 2010

What's the point?

Ugh...I'm hungry. I'm not going to lie, I have been doing this Weight Watchers deal for four days now and I want to give into foods that I shouldn't be tasting, looking at, much less sniffing. It's really all psychological and I need to remember that. Mind over matter. Matter, matter rhymes with platter and a Chicken Fried Steak platter sounds soooo good. Doesn't it?

It's hard keeping track of the points and writing things down. It really gets to you once you become obsessed with the goal. You start thinking that points are money and you have so much money to use in the day. How do you want to spend it is the question. So I pretend that I have these dollars to last me for the day and I ask myself, do you want to go to the movies at night with a jumbo popcorn and a receipt of $30 or do you want the $1 Redbox movie with a $2.75 box of 6 popcorns in a bag. All for under $5. You see the difference? See where I am going with this? This is why I will win this battle. The devil cannot tempt me anymore but deviled eggs are soooo good.

It's Friday, it's the weekend and I have many temptations waiting for me these next few days. The Sweet 16 with lots of sweets, the company party with different companies of food. Help me Point Master, help me say no this weekend. I want out of the boys Husky jeans.

May my pocket point guide, guide me. Help me with my weakness of steaks and baked potatoes and hamburgers. I need to remember I left my heart in Madrid. No, not Spain, Chris Madrid's. I need to remember that I don't want to look like Wimpy but more like Popeye. So the whole line of "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today" is a bunch of bologna. Umm..bologna with toasted bread, cheese and mustard. 

So I ask you, what's the point?

Papi Maldina

No comments:

Post a Comment