Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The WEIGHT is over...

You know when you look in the mirror and you see the same number of eyes and eyebrows but definitely not the same number of chins you were born with? Yeah...same here. It's just ridiculous. Where did all this weight come from? I am thinking part of the contribution was from my past major surgeries but that was not the reason I ate three cheese enchiladas and kept dipping at the queso with never ending chips. So why were these jeans tighter? Why was I so angry after I bent over to tie my shoe? If you are what you eat, then psshhh...I am an International Buffet open 24 hours. I can't do this to myself anymore. I want to stop using the words "oh, take a picture from here up only". What is that all about??

So today, 11/30/10, the end of the November, the end of making excuses, I decided to join Weight Watchers. I was thinking that this was not a very manly thing to join but then I noticed the men around me losing inches by the minute. So what was stopping me from wanting to do something about myself? I didn't want the New Year's resolution of losing weight, I wanted the New Now resolution! It's going to be hard but then look at all my accomplishments in life and what I have achieved. I have broken through obstacles before and I have watched others reach their goals as well. I'm a Papi to a boy who made doctors scratch their head in amazement. I am a Papi to a teenager who knows how to balance life better than the trapeze artist in a circus. I am the partner of the woman who was the maestro to those two I just mentioned. So give it to me baby...

It's you and me Weight Watchers. You and me.

Papi Maldina

No comments:

Post a Comment